Mar 10, 2013, 11:50 AM EST
CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman reports that Ramirez “will touch down Monday” in Kaohsiung, Taiwan and will suit up this summer for the EDA Rhinos of the four-team Chinese Professional Baseball League. His exact salary has not been disclosed, though ESPN Deportes’ Enrique Rojas noted in February that the best CPBL players typically top out at about $12,000 a month. Which extrapolates to $144,000 a year.
Ramirez, 40, batted just .302/.348/.349 in 69 plate appearances last year for the Athletics’ Triple-A affiliate in Sacramento, California. But he had a decent showing this offseason in the Dominican Winter League.
This is the logo for the Taiwanese baseball team that Manny Ramirez just officially joined: twitter.com/drewsilv/statu…
— Drew Silva (@drewsilv) March 10, 2013
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 118
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 34
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 260
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (119)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)