Mar 10, 2013, 11:50 AM EDT
CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman reports that Ramirez “will touch down Monday” in Kaohsiung, Taiwan and will suit up this summer for the EDA Rhinos of the four-team Chinese Professional Baseball League. His exact salary has not been disclosed, though ESPN Deportes’ Enrique Rojas noted in February that the best CPBL players typically top out at about $12,000 a month. Which extrapolates to $144,000 a year.
Ramirez, 40, batted just .302/.348/.349 in 69 plate appearances last year for the Athletics’ Triple-A affiliate in Sacramento, California. But he had a decent showing this offseason in the Dominican Winter League.
This is the logo for the Taiwanese baseball team that Manny Ramirez just officially joined: twitter.com/drewsilv/statu…
— Drew Silva (@drewsilv) March 10, 2013
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 67
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11