Mar 10, 2013, 9:03 PM EST
So says the Boston Herald’s John Tomase:
The clubhouse is eleventy-billion times better than it was over the last two years. General manager Ben Cherington set out to address the black hole made all the worse by the presence of Bobby Valentine last year, and if March is any indication, he has succeeded.
The vibe in the room couldn’t be any different, or frankly, any better. It starts with manager John Farrell, who has thus far commanded the respect of his players without leaving any knives in anyone’s back.
- Mariners sign Corey Hart 14
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 31
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 18
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (112)