Mar 11, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Adrian Beltre is healthy now after sitting out Round 1 of the World Baseball Classic with a strained calf muscle, leading to some speculation that he’d join the Dominican Republic for Round 2 later this week.
Beltre ruled that out today, telling T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com that the team is doing just fine without him at third base and his swing isn’t as good as he’d like.
Hanley Ramirez, Jose Reyes, Erick Aybar, and Robinson Cano are all on the Domincan Republic roster, so they aren’t exactly desperate for infield help, although Miguel Tejada has been playing regularly despite that depth.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 58
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 74
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)