Mar 11, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Adrian Beltre is healthy now after sitting out Round 1 of the World Baseball Classic with a strained calf muscle, leading to some speculation that he’d join the Dominican Republic for Round 2 later this week.
Beltre ruled that out today, telling T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com that the team is doing just fine without him at third base and his swing isn’t as good as he’d like.
Hanley Ramirez, Jose Reyes, Erick Aybar, and Robinson Cano are all on the Domincan Republic roster, so they aren’t exactly desperate for infield help, although Miguel Tejada has been playing regularly despite that depth.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27