Mar 11, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Adrian Beltre is healthy now after sitting out Round 1 of the World Baseball Classic with a strained calf muscle, leading to some speculation that he’d join the Dominican Republic for Round 2 later this week.
Beltre ruled that out today, telling T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com that the team is doing just fine without him at third base and his swing isn’t as good as he’d like.
Hanley Ramirez, Jose Reyes, Erick Aybar, and Robinson Cano are all on the Domincan Republic roster, so they aren’t exactly desperate for infield help, although Miguel Tejada has been playing regularly despite that depth.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)