Mar 11, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Adrian Beltre is healthy now after sitting out Round 1 of the World Baseball Classic with a strained calf muscle, leading to some speculation that he’d join the Dominican Republic for Round 2 later this week.
Beltre ruled that out today, telling T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com that the team is doing just fine without him at third base and his swing isn’t as good as he’d like.
Hanley Ramirez, Jose Reyes, Erick Aybar, and Robinson Cano are all on the Domincan Republic roster, so they aren’t exactly desperate for infield help, although Miguel Tejada has been playing regularly despite that depth.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)