Mar 11, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Adrian Beltre is healthy now after sitting out Round 1 of the World Baseball Classic with a strained calf muscle, leading to some speculation that he’d join the Dominican Republic for Round 2 later this week.
Beltre ruled that out today, telling T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com that the team is doing just fine without him at third base and his swing isn’t as good as he’d like.
Hanley Ramirez, Jose Reyes, Erick Aybar, and Robinson Cano are all on the Domincan Republic roster, so they aren’t exactly desperate for infield help, although Miguel Tejada has been playing regularly despite that depth.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)