Mar 11, 2013, 2:14 PM EST
Larry Walker said he “saw Satan” in Alfredo Aceves‘ eyes during Saturday’s brawl between Canada and Mexico. So what did Aceves see while being punched by Tyson Gillies and tackled by a half-dozen other Canadians?
Here’s what he told Alex Speier of WEEI.com:
That was the first time I saw him there. Like I said, it’s part of the game. He was trying to defend his team. If it were me, I’d try to do the same thing. What can I say? It didn’t surprise me when he threw me to the floor. I reacted to it, because I didn’t do nothing to him. I was just calming down. The fighting was with the pitcher and the hitter. So I was saying, “Calm down, man, calm down, come on, man.”
And he just grabbed me and threw me on the floor. So I was like, “I’m going to throw you on the floor, man.” Then when I jumped in to this guy, I had seven guys against me. … You’re locked in. You’re just trying to defend and knock them out. That’s it. We were trying to defense ourselves. We didn’t do nothing to him. He just threw me.
Aceves’ inner-monologue sounds amazing.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 0
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 154
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (154)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (85)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (78)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (71)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)