Mar 11, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
Bizarre game continues. Valdespin turns to bunt, gets nailed by 94 mph fastball from Verlander in really bad spot. New runner, new pitcher.
— Jason Beck (@beckjason) March 11, 2013
I’ll give you one guess as to what that bad spot was. Assuming Valdespin survives, he’s gonna have some extra bunt training tomorrow, methinks.
Spring training: it’s FAN-tastic.
Valdespin says he is OK … Asked where he got hit: “My dick,” Valdespin said.
— Mike Puma (@NYPost_Mets) March 11, 2013
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 8
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 59
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 24
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 28
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (107)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)