Mar 11, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
Bizarre game continues. Valdespin turns to bunt, gets nailed by 94 mph fastball from Verlander in really bad spot. New runner, new pitcher.
— Jason Beck (@beckjason) March 11, 2013
I’ll give you one guess as to what that bad spot was. Assuming Valdespin survives, he’s gonna have some extra bunt training tomorrow, methinks.
Spring training: it’s FAN-tastic.
Valdespin says he is OK … Asked where he got hit: “My dick,” Valdespin said.
— Mike Puma (@NYPost_Mets) March 11, 2013
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 160
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 69
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (161)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)