Mar 11, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
Bizarre game continues. Valdespin turns to bunt, gets nailed by 94 mph fastball from Verlander in really bad spot. New runner, new pitcher.
— Jason Beck (@beckjason) March 11, 2013
I’ll give you one guess as to what that bad spot was. Assuming Valdespin survives, he’s gonna have some extra bunt training tomorrow, methinks.
Spring training: it’s FAN-tastic.
Valdespin says he is OK … Asked where he got hit: “My dick,” Valdespin said.
— Mike Puma (@NYPost_Mets) March 11, 2013
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 6
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)