Mar 11, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
Bizarre game continues. Valdespin turns to bunt, gets nailed by 94 mph fastball from Verlander in really bad spot. New runner, new pitcher.
— Jason Beck (@beckjason) March 11, 2013
I’ll give you one guess as to what that bad spot was. Assuming Valdespin survives, he’s gonna have some extra bunt training tomorrow, methinks.
Spring training: it’s FAN-tastic.
Valdespin says he is OK … Asked where he got hit: “My dick,” Valdespin said.
— Mike Puma (@NYPost_Mets) March 11, 2013
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 37
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 11
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 29
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 34
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 349
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (349)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (183)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)