Mar 11, 2013, 9:50 AM EDT
David Ortiz has been having issues with his heels. Now those issues seem to be impacting his availability for Opening Day:
Ortiz being shut down at least 5-7 days with non-Achilles inflammation in both heels. Opening Day doubtful. #RedSox
— Pete Abraham (@PeteAbe) March 10, 2013
So that MRI he had apparently had some bad news about it.
Ortiz, who hit .318/.415/.611 with 23 home runs, 60 RBI and a 1.026 OPS in 90 games last year, is critical to the Red Sox bouncing back this year, obviously. So this is some pretty crummy news for Boston.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 14
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 17
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8