Mar 11, 2013, 9:50 AM EDT
David Ortiz has been having issues with his heels. Now those issues seem to be impacting his availability for Opening Day:
Ortiz being shut down at least 5-7 days with non-Achilles inflammation in both heels. Opening Day doubtful. #RedSox
— Pete Abraham (@PeteAbe) March 10, 2013
So that MRI he had apparently had some bad news about it.
Ortiz, who hit .318/.415/.611 with 23 home runs, 60 RBI and a 1.026 OPS in 90 games last year, is critical to the Red Sox bouncing back this year, obviously. So this is some pretty crummy news for Boston.
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 6
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 50
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 86
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (88)