Mar 11, 2013, 9:50 AM EST
David Ortiz has been having issues with his heels. Now those issues seem to be impacting his availability for Opening Day:
Ortiz being shut down at least 5-7 days with non-Achilles inflammation in both heels. Opening Day doubtful. #RedSox
— Pete Abraham (@PeteAbe) March 10, 2013
So that MRI he had apparently had some bad news about it.
Ortiz, who hit .318/.415/.611 with 23 home runs, 60 RBI and a 1.026 OPS in 90 games last year, is critical to the Red Sox bouncing back this year, obviously. So this is some pretty crummy news for Boston.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 152
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 24
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (154)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (83)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (74)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)
- Nationals acquire Doug Fister from Tigers (68)