Mar 11, 2013, 9:50 AM EDT
David Ortiz has been having issues with his heels. Now those issues seem to be impacting his availability for Opening Day:
Ortiz being shut down at least 5-7 days with non-Achilles inflammation in both heels. Opening Day doubtful. #RedSox
— Pete Abraham (@PeteAbe) March 10, 2013
So that MRI he had apparently had some bad news about it.
Ortiz, who hit .318/.415/.611 with 23 home runs, 60 RBI and a 1.026 OPS in 90 games last year, is critical to the Red Sox bouncing back this year, obviously. So this is some pretty crummy news for Boston.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming