Mar 11, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Boston is going to be short on left-handed relievers early on.
Morales has a back injury and manager John Farrell told Ian Browne of MLB.com that “he’s kind of plateaued a little bit” and “started to feel some tightness there again” after throwing recently.
Morales was one of the few bright spots for the Red Sox’s pitching staff last season, splitting time between the rotation and bullpen while throwing 77 innings with a 3.77 ERA and 76/30 K/BB ratio. He’s slated to be a full-time reliever this year.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 57
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 30
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 62
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)