Mar 11, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Boston is going to be short on left-handed relievers early on.
Morales has a back injury and manager John Farrell told Ian Browne of MLB.com that “he’s kind of plateaued a little bit” and “started to feel some tightness there again” after throwing recently.
Morales was one of the few bright spots for the Red Sox’s pitching staff last season, splitting time between the rotation and bullpen while throwing 77 innings with a 3.77 ERA and 76/30 K/BB ratio. He’s slated to be a full-time reliever this year.
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 12
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 58
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)