Mar 11, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Boston is going to be short on left-handed relievers early on.
Morales has a back injury and manager John Farrell told Ian Browne of MLB.com that “he’s kind of plateaued a little bit” and “started to feel some tightness there again” after throwing recently.
Morales was one of the few bright spots for the Red Sox’s pitching staff last season, splitting time between the rotation and bullpen while throwing 77 innings with a 3.77 ERA and 76/30 K/BB ratio. He’s slated to be a full-time reliever this year.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 60
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 35
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 38
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 9
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)