Mar 11, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
Baseball fans who pay close attention to Alex Rodriguez‘s life in PEDs know Cousin Yuri. His name is Yuri Sucart, and he was the guy who acquired and administered Alex Rodriguez’s PEDs back in the day. Sucart was subsequently banned from Yankees property and apparently had some falling out with A-Rod. Now, it seems, it’s gotten litigious. From MLB Nation:
Through an anonymous source, I have learned that there is a pending lawsuit in Florida against Alex Rodriguez, filed by his cousin Yuri Sucart.
According to a source close to the case, Rodriguez has turned down a proposed settlement by Sucart and the case appears to be headed for trial where Mr. Sucart is seeking $5 million in damages.
There’s no word of what kind of case it is or what court it’s in. I searched Dade County’s civil docket and found a few lawsuits in which Sucart was a plaintiff, but none involving Rodriguez. I did not check the federal docket because I don’t have a login anymore, but it’s possible there’s a case there. Or it’s possible that it’s merely threatened litigation. Who knows?
All I know is that if there is some big case involving A-Rod and anyone this side of a serial killer, the media will eventually turn A-Rod into the bad guy.
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 0
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 47
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 66
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (113)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (99)