Mar 11, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
Baseball fans who pay close attention to Alex Rodriguez‘s life in PEDs know Cousin Yuri. His name is Yuri Sucart, and he was the guy who acquired and administered Alex Rodriguez’s PEDs back in the day. Sucart was subsequently banned from Yankees property and apparently had some falling out with A-Rod. Now, it seems, it’s gotten litigious. From MLB Nation:
Through an anonymous source, I have learned that there is a pending lawsuit in Florida against Alex Rodriguez, filed by his cousin Yuri Sucart.
According to a source close to the case, Rodriguez has turned down a proposed settlement by Sucart and the case appears to be headed for trial where Mr. Sucart is seeking $5 million in damages.
There’s no word of what kind of case it is or what court it’s in. I searched Dade County’s civil docket and found a few lawsuits in which Sucart was a plaintiff, but none involving Rodriguez. I did not check the federal docket because I don’t have a login anymore, but it’s possible there’s a case there. Or it’s possible that it’s merely threatened litigation. Who knows?
All I know is that if there is some big case involving A-Rod and anyone this side of a serial killer, the media will eventually turn A-Rod into the bad guy.
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 3
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 15
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29