Mar 11, 2013, 3:31 PM EST
Baseball fans who pay close attention to Alex Rodriguez‘s life in PEDs know Cousin Yuri. His name is Yuri Sucart, and he was the guy who acquired and administered Alex Rodriguez’s PEDs back in the day. Sucart was subsequently banned from Yankees property and apparently had some falling out with A-Rod. Now, it seems, it’s gotten litigious. From MLB Nation:
Through an anonymous source, I have learned that there is a pending lawsuit in Florida against Alex Rodriguez, filed by his cousin Yuri Sucart.
According to a source close to the case, Rodriguez has turned down a proposed settlement by Sucart and the case appears to be headed for trial where Mr. Sucart is seeking $5 million in damages.
There’s no word of what kind of case it is or what court it’s in. I searched Dade County’s civil docket and found a few lawsuits in which Sucart was a plaintiff, but none involving Rodriguez. I did not check the federal docket because I don’t have a login anymore, but it’s possible there’s a case there. Or it’s possible that it’s merely threatened litigation. Who knows?
All I know is that if there is some big case involving A-Rod and anyone this side of a serial killer, the media will eventually turn A-Rod into the bad guy.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 148
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 83
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (152)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)