Mar 11, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
Baseball fans who pay close attention to Alex Rodriguez‘s life in PEDs know Cousin Yuri. His name is Yuri Sucart, and he was the guy who acquired and administered Alex Rodriguez’s PEDs back in the day. Sucart was subsequently banned from Yankees property and apparently had some falling out with A-Rod. Now, it seems, it’s gotten litigious. From MLB Nation:
Through an anonymous source, I have learned that there is a pending lawsuit in Florida against Alex Rodriguez, filed by his cousin Yuri Sucart.
According to a source close to the case, Rodriguez has turned down a proposed settlement by Sucart and the case appears to be headed for trial where Mr. Sucart is seeking $5 million in damages.
There’s no word of what kind of case it is or what court it’s in. I searched Dade County’s civil docket and found a few lawsuits in which Sucart was a plaintiff, but none involving Rodriguez. I did not check the federal docket because I don’t have a login anymore, but it’s possible there’s a case there. Or it’s possible that it’s merely threatened litigation. Who knows?
All I know is that if there is some big case involving A-Rod and anyone this side of a serial killer, the media will eventually turn A-Rod into the bad guy.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (99)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)