Mar 11, 2013, 3:31 PM EST
Baseball fans who pay close attention to Alex Rodriguez‘s life in PEDs know Cousin Yuri. His name is Yuri Sucart, and he was the guy who acquired and administered Alex Rodriguez’s PEDs back in the day. Sucart was subsequently banned from Yankees property and apparently had some falling out with A-Rod. Now, it seems, it’s gotten litigious. From MLB Nation:
Through an anonymous source, I have learned that there is a pending lawsuit in Florida against Alex Rodriguez, filed by his cousin Yuri Sucart.
According to a source close to the case, Rodriguez has turned down a proposed settlement by Sucart and the case appears to be headed for trial where Mr. Sucart is seeking $5 million in damages.
There’s no word of what kind of case it is or what court it’s in. I searched Dade County’s civil docket and found a few lawsuits in which Sucart was a plaintiff, but none involving Rodriguez. I did not check the federal docket because I don’t have a login anymore, but it’s possible there’s a case there. Or it’s possible that it’s merely threatened litigation. Who knows?
All I know is that if there is some big case involving A-Rod and anyone this side of a serial killer, the media will eventually turn A-Rod into the bad guy.
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 62
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 93
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 17
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 28
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 89
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (106)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)