Is Cousin Yuri suing Alex Rodriguez?

Mar 11, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT

alex rodriguez getty wide Getty Images

Baseball fans who pay close attention to Alex Rodriguez‘s life in PEDs know Cousin Yuri. His name is Yuri Sucart, and he was the guy who acquired and administered Alex Rodriguez’s PEDs back in the day. Sucart was subsequently banned from Yankees property and apparently had some falling out with A-Rod.  Now, it seems, it’s gotten litigious. From MLB Nation:

Through an anonymous source, I have learned that there is a pending lawsuit in Florida against Alex Rodriguez, filed by his cousin Yuri Sucart.

According to a source close to the case, Rodriguez has turned down a proposed settlement by Sucart and the case appears to be headed for trial where Mr. Sucart is seeking $5 million in damages.

There’s no word of what kind of case it is or what court it’s in.  I searched Dade County’s civil docket and found a few lawsuits in which Sucart was a plaintiff, but none involving Rodriguez. I did not check the federal docket because I don’t have a login anymore, but it’s possible there’s a case there. Or it’s possible that it’s merely threatened litigation. Who knows?

All I know is that if there is some big case involving A-Rod and anyone this side of a serial killer, the media will eventually turn A-Rod into the bad guy.

1. proudlycanadian - Mar 11, 2013 at 3:38 PM

1) Talk about biting the hand that feeds you!

2) Arod used to be a serial killer of baseballs, but that is so yesterday!

• esracerx46 - Mar 11, 2013 at 6:38 PM

I think you meant yesteryear…

2. plowe70 - Mar 11, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Yuri did all the leg work to get Alex the PEDs that allowed him to earn millions. Now he wants his cut. Makes sense to me.

3. Jackson - Mar 11, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Here’s another example of one of those “anonymous sources”. Wonder if this has any truth to it at all.

4. unclemosesgreen - Mar 11, 2013 at 4:19 PM

This lawsuit is going to be ‘amateur hour’ all the way.

5. bluesoxbaseball - Mar 11, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Craig, I love this blog and, in particular, I love your take-downs of people that show poor effort or low standards in reporting, etc. But to say you didn’t check federal court because you don’t have a log-in anymore? C’mon. You work for NBC for Pete’s sakes.

6. aceshigh11 - Mar 11, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Too bad he doesn’t have cousin Balky…think of the whacky hijinks that could ensue!

7. cackalackyank - Mar 11, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Maybe Yuri just read the old posts and found out the ring is fake. I am surprised that A-rod is not settling this. If this goes to court the transcripts could be subpoened in conjuction with an investigation into the latest PED allegation, couldn’t they?

8. andrewproughcfe - Mar 11, 2013 at 8:07 PM

No Yuri Sucart federal lawsuits at all on Pacer, Craig. And that was with a nationwide search. Nothing even using the last name Sucart.

9. jessethegreat - Mar 12, 2013 at 9:48 AM

For all the damage Yuri has done to ARod’s reputation I believe their Grandmother would forgive Alex if Yuri winds up missing.

Seriously, what kind of person snitches on their own family member?

Who are the favorites for Rookie of the Year?
  1. J. Soler (3332)