Mar 11, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
If you somehow missed it over the weekend there was a big brawl between the Mexican and Canadian World Baseball Classic squads. The cause: the Mexican team forgetting that run differential matters and getting honked off at the Canadians dropping down a bunt with a big lead in the ninth. The primary instigator: Mexican third baseman Luis Cruz, who gestured to his pitcher to plant one in the next batter’s ribs.
Cruz was silent after the incident on Saturday, but he’s speaking now. Sort of. But at least what he says makes sense:
Luis Cruz: “I lost it.” When asked if he apologizes to Canadians, simply repeats, “I lost it.” #Dodgers
— Bill Shaikin (@BillShaikin) March 11, 2013
There was no further discipline besides the ejections, but it does at least sound like Cruz is serving out a short sentence of embarrassment and self-flagellation.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona