Oh look: the Indians are filming a Harlem Shake video

Mar 11, 2013, 12:32 PM EDT

The Harlem Shake is played out. Was probably played out ten minutes after the first video was posted. But there’s a simplicity and an absurdity to it all that means it will probably last a long time because, really, anyone can do one. Including the Cleveland Indians, who are taking some time in Goodyear to tape one today.

Here’s a still shot from Frank Herrmann:

Green Man is Jason Giambi. Ubaldo Jimenez is Lt. Dangle from “Reno 911.” Nick Swisher is the Ohio State football player. Justin Masterson is the bear. Beyond that, no idea.

Remember last week when I mentioned that the Indians’ clubhouse is loose? Yeah, still is.

1. thebuzzonny - Mar 11, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Please tell me that Chief Wahoo is somehow involved in this. That would be Epic!!!

2. blackandbluedivision - Mar 11, 2013 at 12:42 PM

It was played out when G-Dep and Diddy did it 10 years ago…but I digress.

3. Chris Fiorentino - Mar 11, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Just what Francona needs…another loose clubhouse. Next thing you know…..

4. flosox - Mar 11, 2013 at 12:46 PM

I’m frickin 32 years old and i feel like i’m 100 years old…I had no clue what this Harlem Shake thing was until a week ago. I can’t keep up with what the kids are doing these days it changes so fast.

I’m scared i’m going to start yelling at kids to get off my lawn.

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Mar 11, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Here’s a hint, what everyone in these videos is doing, isn’t the Harlem Shake. As blackandbluedivision mentioned above, the actual Harlem Shake has been around since the 80s, and Diddy/Gdep made a video featuring the dance back in ’01 (Let’s Get It, not linking the vid b/c the song is awful).

5. chacochicken - Mar 11, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I blame sabremetrics for this nonsense.

6. kennedy76ca - Mar 11, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Rich Hill: Easter Bunny, Matt Caps: Penquin, Juan Diaz: Mummy, Joe Martinez: Spider Man, Bauer: Scarcrow.

7. hughhansen - Mar 11, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Saying “played out” (twice!) < doing the Harlem Shake.

8. cur68 - Mar 11, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Look, when the Guido, The Racing Italian Sausage was wiener-napped and forced to “Shake”, this thing was DONE. NO ONE can top a sausage Harlem Shaking at knife&fork point.

9. cackalackyank - Mar 11, 2013 at 2:17 PM

If my memory serves…Harlem is in New York City…so shouldn’t this be an NY team doing this…but I digress.

10. janessa31888 - Mar 12, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Looks like they are having a Halloween costume party. I bet Nick Swisher was behind this. The clubhouse was pretty boring before he entered it.

11. Kevin Gillman - Mar 11, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Damn, who is the idiot that did the thumbs down on that post. Hilarious.

Teams searching for trade deadline impact
  1. H. Street (3641)