Mar 11, 2013, 11:58 PM EST
According to Steve Gilbert of MLB.com, Wade Miley has been scratched from Tuesday’s scheduled Cactus League start due to some discomfort in his left biceps muscle. It’s not believed to be serious, as Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson referred to it as a “dead arm” situation.
Miley acknowledged that he has pitched through a dead arm during the season before, but he’s not going to take any chances with still three weeks left in spring training. If all goes according to plan, he’ll only miss one start.
“We’re just going to strengthen it back up and go from there,” Miley said. “It’s nothing serious, just a little tight and the ball isn’t coming out the way I want it to, like a little dead arm a little bit, a little tired, I guess.”
Miley, 26, posted a 3.33 ERA and 144/37 K/BB ratio over 194 2/3 innings last season and finished as a close runner-up to Bryce Harper for the National League Rookie of the Year Award. If healthy, he’s expected to start the third game of the season on April 3 against the Cardinals.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 161
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (161)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)