Mar 11, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
For now the Dodgers are saying it’s all merely precautionary, but Greinke was questionable to make the start to begin with thanks to forearm tightness last week that included elbow pain during a throwing session Sunday.
Greinke has been very durable throughout his career, starting an average of 32 games per season since 2008, including an MLB-high 34 starts last year. He’s in Year 1 of a six-year, $147 million contract.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 9
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 43
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)