Mar 11, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
For now the Dodgers are saying it’s all merely precautionary, but Greinke was questionable to make the start to begin with thanks to forearm tightness last week that included elbow pain during a throwing session Sunday.
Greinke has been very durable throughout his career, starting an average of 32 games per season since 2008, including an MLB-high 34 starts last year. He’s in Year 1 of a six-year, $147 million contract.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 12
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 40
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15