Mar 11, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
For now the Dodgers are saying it’s all merely precautionary, but Greinke was questionable to make the start to begin with thanks to forearm tightness last week that included elbow pain during a throwing session Sunday.
Greinke has been very durable throughout his career, starting an average of 32 games per season since 2008, including an MLB-high 34 starts last year. He’s in Year 1 of a six-year, $147 million contract.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 18
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)