Mar 11, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
For now the Dodgers are saying it’s all merely precautionary, but Greinke was questionable to make the start to begin with thanks to forearm tightness last week that included elbow pain during a throwing session Sunday.
Greinke has been very durable throughout his career, starting an average of 32 games per season since 2008, including an MLB-high 34 starts last year. He’s in Year 1 of a six-year, $147 million contract.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 33
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 31
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 45
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 32