Mar 12, 2013, 8:23 AM EST
This is frightening: Twins pitcher Deolis Guerra, who was diagnosed with a blood clot over the weekend, has been moved into intensive care. He’s feeling fine, but the thrombosis in his shoulder is such that it requires constant monitoring.
Guerra is expected to miss three months following surgery. But given how serious blood clots like this can be, pitching is the least of his concerns at the moment.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)