Mar 12, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
This is frightening: Twins pitcher Deolis Guerra, who was diagnosed with a blood clot over the weekend, has been moved into intensive care. He’s feeling fine, but the thrombosis in his shoulder is such that it requires constant monitoring.
Guerra is expected to miss three months following surgery. But given how serious blood clots like this can be, pitching is the least of his concerns at the moment.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20