Mar 12, 2013, 7:18 PM EDT
Below you’ll find the starting lineups for Tuesday night’s second-round World Baseball Classic game between Team USA and Team Puerto Rico at Marlins Park in Miami. First pitch is scheduled for 8:00 p.m. ET.
TEAM USA TEAM PUERTO RICO 1. Jimmy Rollins, SS 1. Angel Pagan, CF 2. Brandon Phillips, 2B 2. Irving Falu, 2B 3. Ryan Braun, LF 3. Alex Rios, RF 4. Joe Mauer, C 4. Carlos Beltran, DH 5. David Wright, 3B 5. Yadier Molina, C 6. Eric Hosmer, 1B 6. Mike Aviles, SS 7. Adam Jones, CF 7. Martin Maldonado, 1B 8. Giancarlo Stanton, RF 8. Andy Gonzalez, 3B 9. Ben Zobrist, DH 9. Eddie Rosario, LF SP Gio Gonzalez, LH SP Mario Santiago, RH
Stanton is back in action after being left out of Sunday evening’s 9-4 victory over Team Canada.
Santiago, Puerto Rico’s starting pitcher for this one, had a 5.70 ERA and 1.63 WHIP in 47 1/3 innings with the Royals’ Triple-A affiliate in 2011. The 28-year-old right-hander did not pitch in MLB-affiliated ball in 2012.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 14
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 26
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 54
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 68
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 85
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)