Mar 12, 2013, 7:18 PM EST
Below you’ll find the starting lineups for Tuesday night’s second-round World Baseball Classic game between Team USA and Team Puerto Rico at Marlins Park in Miami. First pitch is scheduled for 8:00 p.m. ET.
TEAM USA TEAM PUERTO RICO 1. Jimmy Rollins, SS 1. Angel Pagan, CF 2. Brandon Phillips, 2B 2. Irving Falu, 2B 3. Ryan Braun, LF 3. Alex Rios, RF 4. Joe Mauer, C 4. Carlos Beltran, DH 5. David Wright, 3B 5. Yadier Molina, C 6. Eric Hosmer, 1B 6. Mike Aviles, SS 7. Adam Jones, CF 7. Martin Maldonado, 1B 8. Giancarlo Stanton, RF 8. Andy Gonzalez, 3B 9. Ben Zobrist, DH 9. Eddie Rosario, LF SP Gio Gonzalez, LH SP Mario Santiago, RH
Stanton is back in action after being left out of Sunday evening’s 9-4 victory over Team Canada.
Santiago, Puerto Rico’s starting pitcher for this one, had a 5.70 ERA and 1.63 WHIP in 47 1/3 innings with the Royals’ Triple-A affiliate in 2011. The 28-year-old right-hander did not pitch in MLB-affiliated ball in 2012.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)