Mar 12, 2013, 7:18 PM EST
Below you’ll find the starting lineups for Tuesday night’s second-round World Baseball Classic game between Team USA and Team Puerto Rico at Marlins Park in Miami. First pitch is scheduled for 8:00 p.m. ET.
TEAM USA TEAM PUERTO RICO 1. Jimmy Rollins, SS 1. Angel Pagan, CF 2. Brandon Phillips, 2B 2. Irving Falu, 2B 3. Ryan Braun, LF 3. Alex Rios, RF 4. Joe Mauer, C 4. Carlos Beltran, DH 5. David Wright, 3B 5. Yadier Molina, C 6. Eric Hosmer, 1B 6. Mike Aviles, SS 7. Adam Jones, CF 7. Martin Maldonado, 1B 8. Giancarlo Stanton, RF 8. Andy Gonzalez, 3B 9. Ben Zobrist, DH 9. Eddie Rosario, LF SP Gio Gonzalez, LH SP Mario Santiago, RH
Stanton is back in action after being left out of Sunday evening’s 9-4 victory over Team Canada.
Santiago, Puerto Rico’s starting pitcher for this one, had a 5.70 ERA and 1.63 WHIP in 47 1/3 innings with the Royals’ Triple-A affiliate in 2011. The 28-year-old right-hander did not pitch in MLB-affiliated ball in 2012.
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 50
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 78
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 137
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (138)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)