Mar 12, 2013, 7:18 PM EDT
Below you’ll find the starting lineups for Tuesday night’s second-round World Baseball Classic game between Team USA and Team Puerto Rico at Marlins Park in Miami. First pitch is scheduled for 8:00 p.m. ET.
TEAM USA TEAM PUERTO RICO 1. Jimmy Rollins, SS 1. Angel Pagan, CF 2. Brandon Phillips, 2B 2. Irving Falu, 2B 3. Ryan Braun, LF 3. Alex Rios, RF 4. Joe Mauer, C 4. Carlos Beltran, DH 5. David Wright, 3B 5. Yadier Molina, C 6. Eric Hosmer, 1B 6. Mike Aviles, SS 7. Adam Jones, CF 7. Martin Maldonado, 1B 8. Giancarlo Stanton, RF 8. Andy Gonzalez, 3B 9. Ben Zobrist, DH 9. Eddie Rosario, LF SP Gio Gonzalez, LH SP Mario Santiago, RH
Stanton is back in action after being left out of Sunday evening’s 9-4 victory over Team Canada.
Santiago, Puerto Rico’s starting pitcher for this one, had a 5.70 ERA and 1.63 WHIP in 47 1/3 innings with the Royals’ Triple-A affiliate in 2011. The 28-year-old right-hander did not pitch in MLB-affiliated ball in 2012.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)