Mar 12, 2013, 9:23 AM EDT
When Joe Blanton takes the mound for the first time in Angel Stadium with his new team, fans who have been oblivious to his career since he left the Phils may be a little surprised. Blanton, who signed with the Halos as a free agent in December, is about 30 pounds lighter than his normal 260.
He says he didn’t try to lose weight. “It just happened.” Tapeworms: is there no end to the good they can do?
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17