Mar 12, 2013, 11:49 AM EST
Nick Markakis underwent an MRI exam on his injured neck yesterday and has been diagnosed with what the Orioles are calling a “small disc herniation.”
That’s another way of saying a small tear and means Markakis will be on the sidelines for at least another week and maybe two, but manager Buck Showalter told Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com that the Orioles don’t feel his status for Opening Day is in question.
He is, however, scheduled to be examined by a spine specialist and Markakis has already missed a week with the neck injury. He was also all kinds of banged up with different health problems last season, playing just 104 games after logging at least 157 games in five straight years.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)