Mar 12, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Ryan Madson threw off a mound yesterday for the first time since his comeback from Tommy John surgery was shut down on February 1 when he experienced elbow soreness.
Madson threw 20 pitches and afterward told Kevin Baxter of the Los Angeles Times that “it was just nice and easy, just to get back up on the hill.”
However, those 20 pitches were all fastballs and Madson was throwing at less than full effort, so he’s all but guaranteed to begin the season on the disabled list and the Angels figure to go with Ernesto Frieri as their Opening Day closer.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- LIVE: Pacers aim to even series with Heat
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination