Mar 12, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Stephen Drew continues to experience concussion symptoms after being hit in the head by a pitch last Thursday and the Red Sox shortstop has not been cleared to resume working out yet.
“The symptoms are still a little there,” Drew said, via Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com. “I got home and kind of noticed the symptoms coming on. I came in the next day and did some tests. We’re kind of just in a holding pattern until this thing heals up.”
Concussions are incredibly unpredictable and it’s not something a player can simply tough his way through, so Drew is basically at the mercy of those symptoms–which include dizziness and lightheadedness–dissipating.
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- Two thoughts about the elimination of home plate collisions (95)