Mar 12, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Stephen Drew continues to experience concussion symptoms after being hit in the head by a pitch last Thursday and the Red Sox shortstop has not been cleared to resume working out yet.
“The symptoms are still a little there,” Drew said, via Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com. “I got home and kind of noticed the symptoms coming on. I came in the next day and did some tests. We’re kind of just in a holding pattern until this thing heals up.”
Concussions are incredibly unpredictable and it’s not something a player can simply tough his way through, so Drew is basically at the mercy of those symptoms–which include dizziness and lightheadedness–dissipating.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8