Mar 12, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Stephen Drew continues to experience concussion symptoms after being hit in the head by a pitch last Thursday and the Red Sox shortstop has not been cleared to resume working out yet.
“The symptoms are still a little there,” Drew said, via Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com. “I got home and kind of noticed the symptoms coming on. I came in the next day and did some tests. We’re kind of just in a holding pattern until this thing heals up.”
Concussions are incredibly unpredictable and it’s not something a player can simply tough his way through, so Drew is basically at the mercy of those symptoms–which include dizziness and lightheadedness–dissipating.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)