Mar 12, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Stephen Drew continues to experience concussion symptoms after being hit in the head by a pitch last Thursday and the Red Sox shortstop has not been cleared to resume working out yet.
“The symptoms are still a little there,” Drew said, via Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com. “I got home and kind of noticed the symptoms coming on. I came in the next day and did some tests. We’re kind of just in a holding pattern until this thing heals up.”
Concussions are incredibly unpredictable and it’s not something a player can simply tough his way through, so Drew is basically at the mercy of those symptoms–which include dizziness and lightheadedness–dissipating.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)