Mar 12, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
I guess Aubrey Huff knows where he stands in the universe. Brian Cashman said yesterday they’d be interested in Derek Lee, Scott Rolen, Chipper Jones and, in keeping with the “old guys who really don’t play anymore” thing, likely kicked the tires on Charlie Hayes. But not Huff:
Out of curiosity, asked if the Yankees had reached out to Aubrey Huff. Answer: “No.” So there is that.
— Andy McCullough (@McCulloughSL) March 12, 2013
I imagine he’s OK with that. But once Wade Boggs and Graig Nettles get calls, Huff is likely to feel slighted.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)