Mar 12, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
I guess Aubrey Huff knows where he stands in the universe. Brian Cashman said yesterday they’d be interested in Derek Lee, Scott Rolen, Chipper Jones and, in keeping with the “old guys who really don’t play anymore” thing, likely kicked the tires on Charlie Hayes. But not Huff:
Out of curiosity, asked if the Yankees had reached out to Aubrey Huff. Answer: “No.” So there is that.
— Andy McCullough (@McCulloughSL) March 12, 2013
I imagine he’s OK with that. But once Wade Boggs and Graig Nettles get calls, Huff is likely to feel slighted.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (111)