Mar 12, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
I guess Aubrey Huff knows where he stands in the universe. Brian Cashman said yesterday they’d be interested in Derek Lee, Scott Rolen, Chipper Jones and, in keeping with the “old guys who really don’t play anymore” thing, likely kicked the tires on Charlie Hayes. But not Huff:
Out of curiosity, asked if the Yankees had reached out to Aubrey Huff. Answer: “No.” So there is that.
— Andy McCullough (@McCulloughSL) March 12, 2013
I imagine he’s OK with that. But once Wade Boggs and Graig Nettles get calls, Huff is likely to feel slighted.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 2
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 21
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 39
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 16
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4