Mar 13, 2013, 8:03 PM EDT
Pill tweaked his right knee last week in Giants camp. He has only 29 plate appearances this spring in the Cactus League and is sure to open the 2013 regular season on the 15-day disabled list. So it’s likely that he’ll spend a majority of April at Triple-A Fresno.
The 28-year-old has hit .239/.283/.419 with six homers, six doubles and 20 RBI in 63 career major league games.
He had been in the running for a spot on San Francisco’s bench.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)