Mar 13, 2013, 8:03 PM EST
Pill tweaked his right knee last week in Giants camp. He has only 29 plate appearances this spring in the Cactus League and is sure to open the 2013 regular season on the 15-day disabled list. So it’s likely that he’ll spend a majority of April at Triple-A Fresno.
The 28-year-old has hit .239/.283/.419 with six homers, six doubles and 20 RBI in 63 career major league games.
He had been in the running for a spot on San Francisco’s bench.
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 0
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (124)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)