Mar 13, 2013, 8:03 PM EDT
Pill tweaked his right knee last week in Giants camp. He has only 29 plate appearances this spring in the Cactus League and is sure to open the 2013 regular season on the 15-day disabled list. So it’s likely that he’ll spend a majority of April at Triple-A Fresno.
The 28-year-old has hit .239/.283/.419 with six homers, six doubles and 20 RBI in 63 career major league games.
He had been in the running for a spot on San Francisco’s bench.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)