Mar 13, 2013, 8:03 PM EDT
Pill tweaked his right knee last week in Giants camp. He has only 29 plate appearances this spring in the Cactus League and is sure to open the 2013 regular season on the 15-day disabled list. So it’s likely that he’ll spend a majority of April at Triple-A Fresno.
The 28-year-old has hit .239/.283/.419 with six homers, six doubles and 20 RBI in 63 career major league games.
He had been in the running for a spot on San Francisco’s bench.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 77
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 102
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Jonathan Papelbon blows save, gets ejected for making rude gesture at booing crowd (77)