Mar 13, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
Herrmann spent much of last year at Triple-A, but was a decent middle reliever for the Indians with a 4.26 ERA and 72/29 K/BB ratio in 120 innings from 2010-2012.
If things go well he could be recovered enough to compete for a bullpen job next spring, but at age 29 his road back to the majors could be a tough one.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 52
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 61
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 17
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)