Mar 13, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
Herrmann spent much of last year at Triple-A, but was a decent middle reliever for the Indians with a 4.26 ERA and 72/29 K/BB ratio in 120 innings from 2010-2012.
If things go well he could be recovered enough to compete for a bullpen job next spring, but at age 29 his road back to the majors could be a tough one.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69