Mar 13, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
Herrmann spent much of last year at Triple-A, but was a decent middle reliever for the Indians with a 4.26 ERA and 72/29 K/BB ratio in 120 innings from 2010-2012.
If things go well he could be recovered enough to compete for a bullpen job next spring, but at age 29 his road back to the majors could be a tough one.
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 1
- Update: Luis Avilan loses Aaron Harang’s no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 4
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)