Mar 13, 2013, 3:40 PM EST
Jason Bay is leading off for the Mariners today. It’s the second day in the row he’s done it. And Geoff Baker reports that it’s not just one of those spring training things in which a guy is at the top of the lineup in order to get a chance at an extra plate appearance. The M’s are actually considering Bay for the leadoff job.
Bay has struggled mightily the past couple of years. But really, he has shown that he knows how to take a walk in the past. And if there is no real expectation of him being a middle-of-the-order hitter again, why not see if he can’t squeeze out some walks and singles and things and contribute.
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 19
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 52
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 41
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)