Mar 13, 2013, 3:40 PM EDT
Jason Bay is leading off for the Mariners today. It’s the second day in the row he’s done it. And Geoff Baker reports that it’s not just one of those spring training things in which a guy is at the top of the lineup in order to get a chance at an extra plate appearance. The M’s are actually considering Bay for the leadoff job.
Bay has struggled mightily the past couple of years. But really, he has shown that he knows how to take a walk in the past. And if there is no real expectation of him being a middle-of-the-order hitter again, why not see if he can’t squeeze out some walks and singles and things and contribute.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 17
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 39
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)