Mar 13, 2013, 3:40 PM EST
Jason Bay is leading off for the Mariners today. It’s the second day in the row he’s done it. And Geoff Baker reports that it’s not just one of those spring training things in which a guy is at the top of the lineup in order to get a chance at an extra plate appearance. The M’s are actually considering Bay for the leadoff job.
Bay has struggled mightily the past couple of years. But really, he has shown that he knows how to take a walk in the past. And if there is no real expectation of him being a middle-of-the-order hitter again, why not see if he can’t squeeze out some walks and singles and things and contribute.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 64
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 78
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)