Mar 13, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
The fact that it takes a Justin Verlander fastball to the undercarriage to get one to do this makes me wonder about Jodany Valdespin’s priorities, but at least he has learned something from his horrible HBPiD the other day:
Valdespin isn’t playing today, but says he will start wearing a cup.
— Mike Puma (@NYPost_Mets) March 13, 2013
In other news, this picture is circulating on Reddit. I believe everything I see over there so I’m gonna assume it’s legit even though, because I can tell from the pixels and I have seen a lot of Photoshops in my day, the baseball looks somewhat fake.
Enjoy your nightmares, gentlemen.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 4
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 9
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 28
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 42
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (91)