Mar 13, 2013, 2:49 PM EST
Kansas City has released Guillermo Moscoso after claiming the right-hander off waivers from Colorado in November.
Moscoso has now been traded twice, claimed off waivers once, and released once since January of 2011, and his next team will be his sixth organization at age 29.
He pitched well for the A’s in 2011, posting a 3.38 ERA in 128 innings, but then got traded to the Rockies for Seth Smith and was knocked around for a 6.17 ERA in 50 innings last season. He was just as bad at Triple-A, so Moscoso will likely have to settle for a minor-league deal and no 40-man roster spot.
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 40
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 106
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Dodgers cut Brian Wilson and his $9.5 million salary 53
- Royals and Alex Rios agree to one-year, $11 million contract 16
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. 95
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (106)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Jon Lester goes to Cubs for $155 million over six years (99)