Mar 13, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Out since February 27 with a hamstring injury, shortstop Starlin Castro is back in the Cubs’ lineup today.
Castro ended up missing two weeks, including about 10 days after an MRI exam showed what the Cubs called “minor” hamstring inflammation.
Castro has been very durable since being called up as a 20-year-old in May of 2010, playing 445 of a possible 456 games, including all 162 games last season.
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 8
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 33
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)