Mar 13, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Out since February 27 with a hamstring injury, shortstop Starlin Castro is back in the Cubs’ lineup today.
Castro ended up missing two weeks, including about 10 days after an MRI exam showed what the Cubs called “minor” hamstring inflammation.
Castro has been very durable since being called up as a 20-year-old in May of 2010, playing 445 of a possible 456 games, including all 162 games last season.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 15
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)