Mar 13, 2013, 12:35 PM EDT
Johan Santana was reportedly angry at the way Sandy Alderson and the Mets have treated him this spring, but at least publicly they’re trying to turn the page.
A day after reporting on all of the “rancor,” between the parties, Andy Martino reports that Johan Santana just told reporters that everyone was “on the same page,” after which Jeff Wilpon made a point to go over to Santana and shake his hand. Martino says it’s less than there being any refutation of the rancor of the announcement of any good news as opposed to everyone simply appearing to want to get that noise behind them.
Eh, spring drama. All that matters is whether Santana can get guys out this year. And how quickly the Mets can write the $5 million+ check to buy out his option year come October.
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 136
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 83
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 29
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (181)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (86)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)