Mar 13, 2013, 12:35 PM EST
Johan Santana was reportedly angry at the way Sandy Alderson and the Mets have treated him this spring, but at least publicly they’re trying to turn the page.
A day after reporting on all of the “rancor,” between the parties, Andy Martino reports that Johan Santana just told reporters that everyone was “on the same page,” after which Jeff Wilpon made a point to go over to Santana and shake his hand. Martino says it’s less than there being any refutation of the rancor of the announcement of any good news as opposed to everyone simply appearing to want to get that noise behind them.
Eh, spring drama. All that matters is whether Santana can get guys out this year. And how quickly the Mets can write the $5 million+ check to buy out his option year come October.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)