Mar 13, 2013, 12:35 PM EDT
Johan Santana was reportedly angry at the way Sandy Alderson and the Mets have treated him this spring, but at least publicly they’re trying to turn the page.
A day after reporting on all of the “rancor,” between the parties, Andy Martino reports that Johan Santana just told reporters that everyone was “on the same page,” after which Jeff Wilpon made a point to go over to Santana and shake his hand. Martino says it’s less than there being any refutation of the rancor of the announcement of any good news as opposed to everyone simply appearing to want to get that noise behind them.
Eh, spring drama. All that matters is whether Santana can get guys out this year. And how quickly the Mets can write the $5 million+ check to buy out his option year come October.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)