Mar 13, 2013, 12:35 PM EST
Johan Santana was reportedly angry at the way Sandy Alderson and the Mets have treated him this spring, but at least publicly they’re trying to turn the page.
A day after reporting on all of the “rancor,” between the parties, Andy Martino reports that Johan Santana just told reporters that everyone was “on the same page,” after which Jeff Wilpon made a point to go over to Santana and shake his hand. Martino says it’s less than there being any refutation of the rancor of the announcement of any good news as opposed to everyone simply appearing to want to get that noise behind them.
Eh, spring drama. All that matters is whether Santana can get guys out this year. And how quickly the Mets can write the $5 million+ check to buy out his option year come October.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)