Mar 13, 2013, 12:35 PM EST
Johan Santana was reportedly angry at the way Sandy Alderson and the Mets have treated him this spring, but at least publicly they’re trying to turn the page.
A day after reporting on all of the “rancor,” between the parties, Andy Martino reports that Johan Santana just told reporters that everyone was “on the same page,” after which Jeff Wilpon made a point to go over to Santana and shake his hand. Martino says it’s less than there being any refutation of the rancor of the announcement of any good news as opposed to everyone simply appearing to want to get that noise behind them.
Eh, spring drama. All that matters is whether Santana can get guys out this year. And how quickly the Mets can write the $5 million+ check to buy out his option year come October.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)