Delmon Young is using an “agility ladder” and running on a treadmill

Mar 14, 2013, 9:19 AM EDT

Delmon Young

Pics or it didn’t happen:

Outfielder Delmon Young has picked up his rehab program a bit this week … Young has been doing drills with the agility ladder and running back-to-back days on the treadmill.

None of this changes his timetable, which still has him ready to play in late April or early May.  I just wanted to put the image of Delmon Young on something called an “agility ladder” and running on a treadmill in your head. Which you will never, ever be able to mentally un-see.

1. gza385 - Mar 14, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Did they need to dangle a Big Mac in front of the treadmill for this to happen?

• proudlycanadian - Mar 14, 2013 at 9:33 AM

As this is National Pi Day in the US, I am assuming that they will be dangling Lemon Meringue or Apple pie in front of the treadmill. On the other days, they will be dangling Devils Food Cake in front of the treadmill.

• DelawarePhilliesFan - Mar 14, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Another reason Canadians are better then those silly Europeans, who would say “Pi Day? I don’t get it today is 14-3″

• proudlycanadian - Mar 14, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Congress did pass a resolution naming March 14 as Pi Day. When has the US Congress ever got it wrong? You can eat whatever pie you want today with the approval of Congress.

• tfbuckfutter - Mar 14, 2013 at 11:50 AM

And they dangle a mutton leg above a ladder a la WWF Ladder Matches. Thats the agility ladder.

Although it should say “LadderS” because they usually wear out after 2 or 3 climbs.

2. ame123 - Mar 14, 2013 at 9:26 AM

I really never cared either way about Delmon Young. But suddenly I want him to have a monster season just to see Craig and the rest of the internet baseball writer snobs start spasming out and rationalizing it all away.

• zzalapski - Mar 14, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Someone’s gotta root for the anti-semitic player, I guess.

3. pisano - Mar 14, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Delmon…. see Jenny Craig!!!

4. chill1184 - Mar 14, 2013 at 9:28 AM

He should get points for trying though

5. DelawarePhilliesFan - Mar 14, 2013 at 9:50 AM

The ladder got cut off in the photo – but it is real, it happened

6. plmathfoto - Mar 14, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Damn, only saw the headline, and I wanted to see video, then when I clicked on I saw pics or it didn’t happen lol.

7. heyblueyoustink - Mar 14, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Is this your version of the five knucke shuffle, Craig?

“You can’t unsee me!” ?

8. Jonny 5 - Mar 14, 2013 at 12:12 PM

They never said how far he made it on the agility ladder before falling did they?

9. JB (the original) - Mar 14, 2013 at 1:23 PM

So they have him doing glorified Hopscotch and running on a treadmill. What’s next, a couple of 3 mile stints on a Schwinn Stingray?

10. jasonc2300 - Mar 14, 2013 at 1:29 PM

The saddest part is, it’s really just a ladder–they added “agility” to make Delmon feel better.

11. anxovies - Mar 14, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I am trying to think of a good segue involving a pork chop but it just won’t come.

12. chaser44 - Mar 14, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Is this guy the Andrew Bynum of baseball or what.

Colby-on-Colby crime in Toronto