Mar 14, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Rodriguez was acquired from the Astros last month as part of the Jed Lowrie trade after posting a 4.77 ERA with 135 strikeouts in 123 innings over two seasons in Houston.
He was fighting for a middle relief gig in Oakland and is already 28 years old, so it’s a very tough break for the hard-throwing right-hander.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 61
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)