Mar 14, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Rodriguez was acquired from the Astros last month as part of the Jed Lowrie trade after posting a 4.77 ERA with 135 strikeouts in 123 innings over two seasons in Houston.
He was fighting for a middle relief gig in Oakland and is already 28 years old, so it’s a very tough break for the hard-throwing right-hander.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)