Mar 14, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
The Phillies signed Laynce Nix to a two-year deal before last season. Season one didn’t work out that well due to Nix suffering a number of maladies, specifically with his calf. Dennis Deitch of the DelCo Times reports that Nix thinks he has figured out the cause of those woes: Nike:
“To be short and direct,” Nix said Wednesday, “the shoes that I was wearing didn’t flex where my toes flex, and it caused tension in the Achilles’ [tendon] and calves. That built up for a couple of years in my Achilles and calves … [Jimmy Rollins and Shane Victorino] had [calf issues] too, and had worn Nikes before,” Nix said. “Certain shoes that Nike makes just don’t do that (offer toe flex), and it’s really shocking.”
So what’s he wearing now?
“I’m switching up,” Nix said. “I’ve been going between Mizuno, New Balance and Adidas. I’m shopping around.”
No love for L.A. Gear or Kangaroos? Shameful.
Oh well. I guess all there is to do now is to wait for Phil Knight’s hit squads to take Nix out. That’s how it works, right?
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him