Mar 14, 2013, 11:03 AM EST
The Phillies signed Laynce Nix to a two-year deal before last season. Season one didn’t work out that well due to Nix suffering a number of maladies, specifically with his calf. Dennis Deitch of the DelCo Times reports that Nix thinks he has figured out the cause of those woes: Nike:
“To be short and direct,” Nix said Wednesday, “the shoes that I was wearing didn’t flex where my toes flex, and it caused tension in the Achilles’ [tendon] and calves. That built up for a couple of years in my Achilles and calves … [Jimmy Rollins and Shane Victorino] had [calf issues] too, and had worn Nikes before,” Nix said. “Certain shoes that Nike makes just don’t do that (offer toe flex), and it’s really shocking.”
So what’s he wearing now?
“I’m switching up,” Nix said. “I’ve been going between Mizuno, New Balance and Adidas. I’m shopping around.”
No love for L.A. Gear or Kangaroos? Shameful.
Oh well. I guess all there is to do now is to wait for Phil Knight’s hit squads to take Nix out. That’s how it works, right?
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 0
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 33
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 4
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 29
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (134)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)