Mar 14, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
Matt Garza has recovered enough from his lat injury to resume throwing, but he’s not expected to rejoin the Cubs’ rotation until May.
Garza described his progress to Carrie Muskat of MLB.com as “small steps” and said he’s generally “felt all right” the day after throwing.
Garza indicated that he’s aiming for a mid-April return, but manager Dale Sveum all but said that isn’t realistic because “his spring training will basically really start a week from now.”
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)