Mar 14, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Matt Garza has recovered enough from his lat injury to resume throwing, but he’s not expected to rejoin the Cubs’ rotation until May.
Garza described his progress to Carrie Muskat of MLB.com as “small steps” and said he’s generally “felt all right” the day after throwing.
Garza indicated that he’s aiming for a mid-April return, but manager Dale Sveum all but said that isn’t realistic because “his spring training will basically really start a week from now.”
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 31
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 31
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 44
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 57
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)