Mar 14, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Matt Garza has recovered enough from his lat injury to resume throwing, but he’s not expected to rejoin the Cubs’ rotation until May.
Garza described his progress to Carrie Muskat of MLB.com as “small steps” and said he’s generally “felt all right” the day after throwing.
Garza indicated that he’s aiming for a mid-April return, but manager Dale Sveum all but said that isn’t realistic because “his spring training will basically really start a week from now.”
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (124)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)