Mar 14, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Matt Garza has recovered enough from his lat injury to resume throwing, but he’s not expected to rejoin the Cubs’ rotation until May.
Garza described his progress to Carrie Muskat of MLB.com as “small steps” and said he’s generally “felt all right” the day after throwing.
Garza indicated that he’s aiming for a mid-April return, but manager Dale Sveum all but said that isn’t realistic because “his spring training will basically really start a week from now.”
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 16
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 40
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 16
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)