Mar 14, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
Below you’ll find the starting lineups for Thursday night’s second-round World Baseball Classic game between Team USA and Team Dominican Republic at Marlins Park in Miami. First pitch is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. ET.
TEAM USA TEAM DOMINICAN REPUBLIC 1. Jimmy Rollins, SS 1. Jose Reyes, SS 2. Brandon Phillips, 2B 2. Miguel Tejada, 3B 3. Ryan Braun, LF 3. Robinson Cano, 2B 4. Joe Mauer, DH 4. Edwin Encarnacion, 1B 5. Giancarlo Stanton, RF 5. Hanley Ramirez, DH 6. Eric Hosmer, 1B 6. Nelson Cruz, RF 7. Adam Jones, CF 7. Carlos Santana, C 8. J.P. Arencibia, C 8. Ricardo Nanita, LF 9. Willie Bloomquist, 3B 9. Alejandro De Aza, CF SP R.A. Dickey, RH SP Samuel Deduno, RH
Dickey is back on the mound for Team USA after he gave up four runs over four innings in a 5-2 first-round loss to Mexico last Friday.
Deduno struck out five over four shutout innings against Spain on Saturday. The 29-year-old journeyman had a 4.44 ERA and 57/53 K/BB ratio over 15 starts with the Twins last season.
The winner of tonight’s game will secure a spot in the World Baseball Classic semifinals at San Francisco’s AT&T Park, where they’ll take on either Japan or the Netherlands. The loser of tonight’s game will play Puerto Rico at Marlins Park on Friday night in order to determine the second team to advance from Pool 2.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 76
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)