Mar 14, 2013, 6:31 PM EST
Below you’ll find the starting lineups for Thursday night’s second-round World Baseball Classic game between Team USA and Team Dominican Republic at Marlins Park in Miami. First pitch is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. ET.
TEAM USA TEAM DOMINICAN REPUBLIC 1. Jimmy Rollins, SS 1. Jose Reyes, SS 2. Brandon Phillips, 2B 2. Miguel Tejada, 3B 3. Ryan Braun, LF 3. Robinson Cano, 2B 4. Joe Mauer, DH 4. Edwin Encarnacion, 1B 5. Giancarlo Stanton, RF 5. Hanley Ramirez, DH 6. Eric Hosmer, 1B 6. Nelson Cruz, RF 7. Adam Jones, CF 7. Carlos Santana, C 8. J.P. Arencibia, C 8. Ricardo Nanita, LF 9. Willie Bloomquist, 3B 9. Alejandro De Aza, CF SP R.A. Dickey, RH SP Samuel Deduno, RH
Dickey is back on the mound for Team USA after he gave up four runs over four innings in a 5-2 first-round loss to Mexico last Friday.
Deduno struck out five over four shutout innings against Spain on Saturday. The 29-year-old journeyman had a 4.44 ERA and 57/53 K/BB ratio over 15 starts with the Twins last season.
The winner of tonight’s game will secure a spot in the World Baseball Classic semifinals at San Francisco’s AT&T Park, where they’ll take on either Japan or the Netherlands. The loser of tonight’s game will play Puerto Rico at Marlins Park on Friday night in order to determine the second team to advance from Pool 2.
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 25
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 18
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)