Mar 14, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
Below you’ll find the starting lineups for Thursday night’s second-round World Baseball Classic game between Team USA and Team Dominican Republic at Marlins Park in Miami. First pitch is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. ET.
TEAM USA TEAM DOMINICAN REPUBLIC 1. Jimmy Rollins, SS 1. Jose Reyes, SS 2. Brandon Phillips, 2B 2. Miguel Tejada, 3B 3. Ryan Braun, LF 3. Robinson Cano, 2B 4. Joe Mauer, DH 4. Edwin Encarnacion, 1B 5. Giancarlo Stanton, RF 5. Hanley Ramirez, DH 6. Eric Hosmer, 1B 6. Nelson Cruz, RF 7. Adam Jones, CF 7. Carlos Santana, C 8. J.P. Arencibia, C 8. Ricardo Nanita, LF 9. Willie Bloomquist, 3B 9. Alejandro De Aza, CF SP R.A. Dickey, RH SP Samuel Deduno, RH
Dickey is back on the mound for Team USA after he gave up four runs over four innings in a 5-2 first-round loss to Mexico last Friday.
Deduno struck out five over four shutout innings against Spain on Saturday. The 29-year-old journeyman had a 4.44 ERA and 57/53 K/BB ratio over 15 starts with the Twins last season.
The winner of tonight’s game will secure a spot in the World Baseball Classic semifinals at San Francisco’s AT&T Park, where they’ll take on either Japan or the Netherlands. The loser of tonight’s game will play Puerto Rico at Marlins Park on Friday night in order to determine the second team to advance from Pool 2.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 27
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 57
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)