Mar 14, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
Below you’ll find the starting lineups for Thursday night’s second-round World Baseball Classic game between Team USA and Team Dominican Republic at Marlins Park in Miami. First pitch is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. ET.
TEAM USA TEAM DOMINICAN REPUBLIC 1. Jimmy Rollins, SS 1. Jose Reyes, SS 2. Brandon Phillips, 2B 2. Miguel Tejada, 3B 3. Ryan Braun, LF 3. Robinson Cano, 2B 4. Joe Mauer, DH 4. Edwin Encarnacion, 1B 5. Giancarlo Stanton, RF 5. Hanley Ramirez, DH 6. Eric Hosmer, 1B 6. Nelson Cruz, RF 7. Adam Jones, CF 7. Carlos Santana, C 8. J.P. Arencibia, C 8. Ricardo Nanita, LF 9. Willie Bloomquist, 3B 9. Alejandro De Aza, CF SP R.A. Dickey, RH SP Samuel Deduno, RH
Dickey is back on the mound for Team USA after he gave up four runs over four innings in a 5-2 first-round loss to Mexico last Friday.
Deduno struck out five over four shutout innings against Spain on Saturday. The 29-year-old journeyman had a 4.44 ERA and 57/53 K/BB ratio over 15 starts with the Twins last season.
The winner of tonight’s game will secure a spot in the World Baseball Classic semifinals at San Francisco’s AT&T Park, where they’ll take on either Japan or the Netherlands. The loser of tonight’s game will play Puerto Rico at Marlins Park on Friday night in order to determine the second team to advance from Pool 2.
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 2
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 40
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 216
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (216)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)