Mar 14, 2013, 5:31 PM EDT
Kyle Lohse remains unsigned, but he’s been throwing at Scott Boras’ training facility in California and the agent says he’s “talking with a number of teams.”
“A lot of teams are evaluating their existing situations, but have called and have interest in Kyle,” Boras told Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com, who reports that the asking price remains a three-year contract with a “big” annual salary.
And unless Lohse waits to sign until after the June draft he’ll also cost a first-round pick.
Boras previously got Rafael Soriano and Michael Bourn much bigger contracts than most people expected given their late signing dates, but with three weeks until the season begins holding out for a three-year deal for a 34-year-old pitcher seems extremely unlikely to happen. Even for Boras.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 1
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 236
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (237)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)