Mar 14, 2013, 5:31 PM EDT
Kyle Lohse remains unsigned, but he’s been throwing at Scott Boras’ training facility in California and the agent says he’s “talking with a number of teams.”
“A lot of teams are evaluating their existing situations, but have called and have interest in Kyle,” Boras told Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com, who reports that the asking price remains a three-year contract with a “big” annual salary.
And unless Lohse waits to sign until after the June draft he’ll also cost a first-round pick.
Boras previously got Rafael Soriano and Michael Bourn much bigger contracts than most people expected given their late signing dates, but with three weeks until the season begins holding out for a three-year deal for a 34-year-old pitcher seems extremely unlikely to happen. Even for Boras.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)