Mar 14, 2013, 5:31 PM EST
Kyle Lohse remains unsigned, but he’s been throwing at Scott Boras’ training facility in California and the agent says he’s “talking with a number of teams.”
“A lot of teams are evaluating their existing situations, but have called and have interest in Kyle,” Boras told Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com, who reports that the asking price remains a three-year contract with a “big” annual salary.
And unless Lohse waits to sign until after the June draft he’ll also cost a first-round pick.
Boras previously got Rafael Soriano and Michael Bourn much bigger contracts than most people expected given their late signing dates, but with three weeks until the season begins holding out for a three-year deal for a 34-year-old pitcher seems extremely unlikely to happen. Even for Boras.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 26
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 281
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (281)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)