Mar 14, 2013, 5:31 PM EDT
Kyle Lohse remains unsigned, but he’s been throwing at Scott Boras’ training facility in California and the agent says he’s “talking with a number of teams.”
“A lot of teams are evaluating their existing situations, but have called and have interest in Kyle,” Boras told Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com, who reports that the asking price remains a three-year contract with a “big” annual salary.
And unless Lohse waits to sign until after the June draft he’ll also cost a first-round pick.
Boras previously got Rafael Soriano and Michael Bourn much bigger contracts than most people expected given their late signing dates, but with three weeks until the season begins holding out for a three-year deal for a 34-year-old pitcher seems extremely unlikely to happen. Even for Boras.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 2
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 16
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 9
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 46
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)