Mar 14, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
I read this. Then I took a sip of coffee and read it again, just so I could do a proper spit-take:
Interesting (and surprising) on Hochevar: Teams that asked about trading for him were told Royals wanted quite a bit in return.
— DannyKnoblerCBS (@DKnobler) March 13, 2013
I mean, really, you can see their point. It’s not every day that you find a $4.56 million middle reliever with a 5.39 career ERA and tons of innings under his belt because a team, inexplicably, gave him so many chances to fail. And as we all know, scarcity makes things valuable.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 17
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 61
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29