Mar 14, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
I read this. Then I took a sip of coffee and read it again, just so I could do a proper spit-take:
Interesting (and surprising) on Hochevar: Teams that asked about trading for him were told Royals wanted quite a bit in return.
— DannyKnoblerCBS (@DKnobler) March 13, 2013
I mean, really, you can see their point. It’s not every day that you find a $4.56 million middle reliever with a 5.39 career ERA and tons of innings under his belt because a team, inexplicably, gave him so many chances to fail. And as we all know, scarcity makes things valuable.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 1
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 20
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 8
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 44
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (245)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)