Mar 14, 2013, 5:16 PM EDT
The latest baseball residence on the market: former Yankees first baseman Tino Martinez, whose Tampa house is described thusly:
Built in 1952, the trophy home flexes some serious muscle from the get-go with a two-story foyer. From there, it’s a parade of luxury befitting a world champ; a sprawling master suite, flush in Venetian plaster, boasts cathedral ceilings and private terrace overlooking the bay, while other forms of opulence range from a wood-paneled home theater to a fully loaded home gym to a wine cellar and tasting room. However, where Tino clearly hits one out of the park is in the backyard, where the legendary Bronx Bomber has a basketball court, putting green, infinity pool and an outdoor kitchen looking out over the waterfront.
I suppose the bones are nice enough, but man it’s pretty ugly inside. Most ballplayers’ houses look like that. Kind of like it was a model home or something. I just don’t get it. It’s like they spent their whole careers in hotel lobbies so they decided to decorate their houses like them too.
But still: it’s right near Jeter’s house. Seriously. I’m sure that has its good points.
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 0
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 10
- Who really owns a home run ball? 59
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)