Mar 14, 2013, 5:16 PM EDT
The latest baseball residence on the market: former Yankees first baseman Tino Martinez, whose Tampa house is described thusly:
Built in 1952, the trophy home flexes some serious muscle from the get-go with a two-story foyer. From there, it’s a parade of luxury befitting a world champ; a sprawling master suite, flush in Venetian plaster, boasts cathedral ceilings and private terrace overlooking the bay, while other forms of opulence range from a wood-paneled home theater to a fully loaded home gym to a wine cellar and tasting room. However, where Tino clearly hits one out of the park is in the backyard, where the legendary Bronx Bomber has a basketball court, putting green, infinity pool and an outdoor kitchen looking out over the waterfront.
I suppose the bones are nice enough, but man it’s pretty ugly inside. Most ballplayers’ houses look like that. Kind of like it was a model home or something. I just don’t get it. It’s like they spent their whole careers in hotel lobbies so they decided to decorate their houses like them too.
But still: it’s right near Jeter’s house. Seriously. I’m sure that has its good points.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 5
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 98
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 54
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead