Mar 15, 2013, 4:04 PM EST
There’s no official timetable yet for his recovery, but manager Terry Collins guessed that Wright could begin the season on the disabled list and Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com notes that Nationals shortstop Ian Desmond missed five weeks with the same injury last year.
Wright missing five weeks would mean the rest of spring training and then 2-3 weeks of the regular season, so expect to see quite a bit of Justin Turner (and others) at third base.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 11
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)