Mar 15, 2013, 4:04 PM EDT
There’s no official timetable yet for his recovery, but manager Terry Collins guessed that Wright could begin the season on the disabled list and Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com notes that Nationals shortstop Ian Desmond missed five weeks with the same injury last year.
Wright missing five weeks would mean the rest of spring training and then 2-3 weeks of the regular season, so expect to see quite a bit of Justin Turner (and others) at third base.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 76
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)