Mar 15, 2013, 4:04 PM EST
There’s no official timetable yet for his recovery, but manager Terry Collins guessed that Wright could begin the season on the disabled list and Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com notes that Nationals shortstop Ian Desmond missed five weeks with the same injury last year.
Wright missing five weeks would mean the rest of spring training and then 2-3 weeks of the regular season, so expect to see quite a bit of Justin Turner (and others) at third base.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)