Mar 15, 2013, 4:04 PM EDT
There’s no official timetable yet for his recovery, but manager Terry Collins guessed that Wright could begin the season on the disabled list and Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com notes that Nationals shortstop Ian Desmond missed five weeks with the same injury last year.
Wright missing five weeks would mean the rest of spring training and then 2-3 weeks of the regular season, so expect to see quite a bit of Justin Turner (and others) at third base.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)