Mar 15, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Franklin Morales was already considered unlikely to be ready for Opening Day because of a back injury and now he’s all but guaranteed to begin the season on the disabled list.
Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe reports that the Red Sox left-hander is “out indefinitely” after getting an injection for a bulging disk in his back.
Craig Breslow is also sidelined by a shoulder injury, so the Red Sox’s bullpen could minus two left-handers to start the season.
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 3
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 15
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 37
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 10
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 87
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)