Mar 15, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Franklin Morales was already considered unlikely to be ready for Opening Day because of a back injury and now he’s all but guaranteed to begin the season on the disabled list.
Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe reports that the Red Sox left-hander is “out indefinitely” after getting an injection for a bulging disk in his back.
Craig Breslow is also sidelined by a shoulder injury, so the Red Sox’s bullpen could minus two left-handers to start the season.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)