Mar 15, 2013, 12:48 PM EST
Franklin Morales was already considered unlikely to be ready for Opening Day because of a back injury and now he’s all but guaranteed to begin the season on the disabled list.
Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe reports that the Red Sox left-hander is “out indefinitely” after getting an injection for a bulging disk in his back.
Craig Breslow is also sidelined by a shoulder injury, so the Red Sox’s bullpen could minus two left-handers to start the season.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 7
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 54
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 68
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)