Mar 15, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Franklin Morales was already considered unlikely to be ready for Opening Day because of a back injury and now he’s all but guaranteed to begin the season on the disabled list.
Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe reports that the Red Sox left-hander is “out indefinitely” after getting an injection for a bulging disk in his back.
Craig Breslow is also sidelined by a shoulder injury, so the Red Sox’s bullpen could minus two left-handers to start the season.
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 14
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 12
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 33
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 21
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)