Mar 15, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Franklin Morales was already considered unlikely to be ready for Opening Day because of a back injury and now he’s all but guaranteed to begin the season on the disabled list.
Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe reports that the Red Sox left-hander is “out indefinitely” after getting an injection for a bulging disk in his back.
Craig Breslow is also sidelined by a shoulder injury, so the Red Sox’s bullpen could minus two left-handers to start the season.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 50
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 69
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 39
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)