Mar 15, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
A lot of people don’t like A.J. Pierzynski. I’ve never really gotten that. I mean, I can see how he has annoyed various teams and fan bases over the years, but it’s not like he’s ever done anything egregious.
I will say, though, that if he is a bad person, it’s because he preferred Hulkamania and WWF stuff to the clearly superior NWA and later WCW brand of professional wrestling. I mean, I’m sorry, if you think Hulk Hogan was better at anything than Ric Flair was on his worst day, you’re probably in need of professional health, jack.
Drew Davison of the Star-Telegram spoke with Pierzynski about his wrestling obsession here. I’ll try to forgive Pierzunski, but I’m not sure how I can.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 64
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)