Mar 15, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
A lot of people don’t like A.J. Pierzynski. I’ve never really gotten that. I mean, I can see how he has annoyed various teams and fan bases over the years, but it’s not like he’s ever done anything egregious.
I will say, though, that if he is a bad person, it’s because he preferred Hulkamania and WWF stuff to the clearly superior NWA and later WCW brand of professional wrestling. I mean, I’m sorry, if you think Hulk Hogan was better at anything than Ric Flair was on his worst day, you’re probably in need of professional health, jack.
Drew Davison of the Star-Telegram spoke with Pierzynski about his wrestling obsession here. I’ll try to forgive Pierzunski, but I’m not sure how I can.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 23
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 26
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 59
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)