Mar 15, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
A lot of people don’t like A.J. Pierzynski. I’ve never really gotten that. I mean, I can see how he has annoyed various teams and fan bases over the years, but it’s not like he’s ever done anything egregious.
I will say, though, that if he is a bad person, it’s because he preferred Hulkamania and WWF stuff to the clearly superior NWA and later WCW brand of professional wrestling. I mean, I’m sorry, if you think Hulk Hogan was better at anything than Ric Flair was on his worst day, you’re probably in need of professional health, jack.
Drew Davison of the Star-Telegram spoke with Pierzynski about his wrestling obsession here. I’ll try to forgive Pierzunski, but I’m not sure how I can.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (197)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)