Mar 15, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
A lot of people don’t like A.J. Pierzynski. I’ve never really gotten that. I mean, I can see how he has annoyed various teams and fan bases over the years, but it’s not like he’s ever done anything egregious.
I will say, though, that if he is a bad person, it’s because he preferred Hulkamania and WWF stuff to the clearly superior NWA and later WCW brand of professional wrestling. I mean, I’m sorry, if you think Hulk Hogan was better at anything than Ric Flair was on his worst day, you’re probably in need of professional health, jack.
Drew Davison of the Star-Telegram spoke with Pierzynski about his wrestling obsession here. I’ll try to forgive Pierzunski, but I’m not sure how I can.
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 21
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 38
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 21
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 32
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)