Mar 15, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
Bill Hall has spent the past two weeks recovering from a right quadriceps injury, only to injure his left calf Wednesday during fielding drills.
Kevin Baxter of the Los Angeles Times reports that the latest injury “dealt a severe blow” to Hall’s odds of cracking the Opening Day roster as a bench player for the Angels, and after barely playing in the majors at all last season the 33-year-old is running out of chances.
Or as Hall posted on Twitter last night:
We’re all(as people)running out of time at some point. But it’s what u do with the time u have that can push u to become something special!!
— Bill Hall (@BillHall_III) March 14, 2013
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 59
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 156
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (156)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)