Mar 15, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Bill Hall has spent the past two weeks recovering from a right quadriceps injury, only to injure his left calf Wednesday during fielding drills.
Kevin Baxter of the Los Angeles Times reports that the latest injury “dealt a severe blow” to Hall’s odds of cracking the Opening Day roster as a bench player for the Angels, and after barely playing in the majors at all last season the 33-year-old is running out of chances.
Or as Hall posted on Twitter last night:
We’re all(as people)running out of time at some point. But it’s what u do with the time u have that can push u to become something special!!
— Bill Hall (@BillHall_III) March 14, 2013
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)