Mar 15, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
Bill Hall has spent the past two weeks recovering from a right quadriceps injury, only to injure his left calf Wednesday during fielding drills.
Kevin Baxter of the Los Angeles Times reports that the latest injury “dealt a severe blow” to Hall’s odds of cracking the Opening Day roster as a bench player for the Angels, and after barely playing in the majors at all last season the 33-year-old is running out of chances.
Or as Hall posted on Twitter last night:
We’re all(as people)running out of time at some point. But it’s what u do with the time u have that can push u to become something special!!
— Bill Hall (@BillHall_III) March 14, 2013
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 43
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 21
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 26
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 23
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)