Mar 15, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Bill Hall has spent the past two weeks recovering from a right quadriceps injury, only to injure his left calf Wednesday during fielding drills.
Kevin Baxter of the Los Angeles Times reports that the latest injury “dealt a severe blow” to Hall’s odds of cracking the Opening Day roster as a bench player for the Angels, and after barely playing in the majors at all last season the 33-year-old is running out of chances.
Or as Hall posted on Twitter last night:
We’re all(as people)running out of time at some point. But it’s what u do with the time u have that can push u to become something special!!
— Bill Hall (@BillHall_III) March 14, 2013
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 12
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 77
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 13
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 113
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (113)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)