Mar 15, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
Bill Hall has spent the past two weeks recovering from a right quadriceps injury, only to injure his left calf Wednesday during fielding drills.
Kevin Baxter of the Los Angeles Times reports that the latest injury “dealt a severe blow” to Hall’s odds of cracking the Opening Day roster as a bench player for the Angels, and after barely playing in the majors at all last season the 33-year-old is running out of chances.
Or as Hall posted on Twitter last night:
We’re all(as people)running out of time at some point. But it’s what u do with the time u have that can push u to become something special!!
— Bill Hall (@BillHall_III) March 14, 2013
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 20
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 75
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 141
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)