Mar 15, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
Jesse Crain hasn’t pitched since February 25 and had to bail on Team Canada in the World Baseball Classic because of a hip injury, but the White Sox setup man expects to be ready for Opening Day.
Scott Merkin of MLB.com reports that Crain threw a bullpen session Wednesday, but then decided against pitching in a minor-league game because “I can tell when I’m ready to throw in a game and as of yesterday I wasn’t.”
Crain repeatedly stressed that his arm feels great, but he’s having problems “pushing through the pitches” because his leg extension is lacking.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (88)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)