Mar 15, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Jesse Crain hasn’t pitched since February 25 and had to bail on Team Canada in the World Baseball Classic because of a hip injury, but the White Sox setup man expects to be ready for Opening Day.
Scott Merkin of MLB.com reports that Crain threw a bullpen session Wednesday, but then decided against pitching in a minor-league game because “I can tell when I’m ready to throw in a game and as of yesterday I wasn’t.”
Crain repeatedly stressed that his arm feels great, but he’s having problems “pushing through the pitches” because his leg extension is lacking.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)