Mar 15, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Jim Edmonds continues to solidify his post-playing relationship with the St. Louis Cardinals. Last month he was hired as a special instructor. When spring training winds down he’ll be doing something else. Dan Caesar of the Post-Dispatch reports:
Former Cardinals center fielder Jim Edmonds has been hired to replace Cal Eldred as the primary analyst for many Cardinals pregame and postgame shows on Fox Sports Midwest’s Redbirds coverage.
He’ll do about half of the FSM broadcasts, alternating with Al Hrabosky, Rick Horton and Chris Duncan.
At least until he gets injured leaping to a conclusion. See, because Edmonds, when he was a player used to … oh, never mind.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 48
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 25
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)