Mar 15, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Jim Edmonds continues to solidify his post-playing relationship with the St. Louis Cardinals. Last month he was hired as a special instructor. When spring training winds down he’ll be doing something else. Dan Caesar of the Post-Dispatch reports:
Former Cardinals center fielder Jim Edmonds has been hired to replace Cal Eldred as the primary analyst for many Cardinals pregame and postgame shows on Fox Sports Midwest’s Redbirds coverage.
He’ll do about half of the FSM broadcasts, alternating with Al Hrabosky, Rick Horton and Chris Duncan.
At least until he gets injured leaping to a conclusion. See, because Edmonds, when he was a player used to … oh, never mind.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)