Mar 15, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Jim Edmonds continues to solidify his post-playing relationship with the St. Louis Cardinals. Last month he was hired as a special instructor. When spring training winds down he’ll be doing something else. Dan Caesar of the Post-Dispatch reports:
Former Cardinals center fielder Jim Edmonds has been hired to replace Cal Eldred as the primary analyst for many Cardinals pregame and postgame shows on Fox Sports Midwest’s Redbirds coverage.
He’ll do about half of the FSM broadcasts, alternating with Al Hrabosky, Rick Horton and Chris Duncan.
At least until he gets injured leaping to a conclusion. See, because Edmonds, when he was a player used to … oh, never mind.
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 22
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 10
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 100
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (101)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)