Mar 15, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Jim Edmonds continues to solidify his post-playing relationship with the St. Louis Cardinals. Last month he was hired as a special instructor. When spring training winds down he’ll be doing something else. Dan Caesar of the Post-Dispatch reports:
Former Cardinals center fielder Jim Edmonds has been hired to replace Cal Eldred as the primary analyst for many Cardinals pregame and postgame shows on Fox Sports Midwest’s Redbirds coverage.
He’ll do about half of the FSM broadcasts, alternating with Al Hrabosky, Rick Horton and Chris Duncan.
At least until he gets injured leaping to a conclusion. See, because Edmonds, when he was a player used to … oh, never mind.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)