Mar 15, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Jim Edmonds continues to solidify his post-playing relationship with the St. Louis Cardinals. Last month he was hired as a special instructor. When spring training winds down he’ll be doing something else. Dan Caesar of the Post-Dispatch reports:
Former Cardinals center fielder Jim Edmonds has been hired to replace Cal Eldred as the primary analyst for many Cardinals pregame and postgame shows on Fox Sports Midwest’s Redbirds coverage.
He’ll do about half of the FSM broadcasts, alternating with Al Hrabosky, Rick Horton and Chris Duncan.
At least until he gets injured leaping to a conclusion. See, because Edmonds, when he was a player used to … oh, never mind.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PHT: Blackhawks rattle Rask in Game 4
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT Extra: Will the Spurs recover for Game 7?
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- HBT: Hamilton dropped to 7th in Angels lineup