Mar 15, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
David Brown of Yahoo! Sports has the gory details:
Taylor already has missed a week of A’s camp because he cut the pinkie finger on his right hand in two spots trying to throw away a wad of gum. One of the gashes has healed, the other has not, Taylor told reporter Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle on Sunday
Last week, it was Mark Rzepczynski getting hit in the eye by a ricocheting golf ball; this week, it’s Taylor and chewing gum.
Taylor, one of three prospects traded by the Philadelphia Phillies to the Toronto Blue Jays in the Roy Halladay trade, has only had 51 at-bats in the Majors but posted an .846 OPS in 120 games with Triple-A Sacramento last year — the 27-year-old’s third consecutive full season at that level.
- Live Extra: Watch Blackhawks-Red Wings Game 3
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Dickey goes 8, beats Rays for 2nd straight win
- PST: Mourinho officially leaving Real Madrid
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball