Mar 15, 2013, 7:00 PM EST
David Brown of Yahoo! Sports has the gory details:
Taylor already has missed a week of A’s camp because he cut the pinkie finger on his right hand in two spots trying to throw away a wad of gum. One of the gashes has healed, the other has not, Taylor told reporter Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle on Sunday
Last week, it was Mark Rzepczynski getting hit in the eye by a ricocheting golf ball; this week, it’s Taylor and chewing gum.
Taylor, one of three prospects traded by the Philadelphia Phillies to the Toronto Blue Jays in the Roy Halladay trade, has only had 51 at-bats in the Majors but posted an .846 OPS in 120 games with Triple-A Sacramento last year — the 27-year-old’s third consecutive full season at that level.
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 37
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 14
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 48
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)