Mar 15, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
David Brown of Yahoo! Sports has the gory details:
Taylor already has missed a week of A’s camp because he cut the pinkie finger on his right hand in two spots trying to throw away a wad of gum. One of the gashes has healed, the other has not, Taylor told reporter Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle on Sunday
Last week, it was Mark Rzepczynski getting hit in the eye by a ricocheting golf ball; this week, it’s Taylor and chewing gum.
Taylor, one of three prospects traded by the Philadelphia Phillies to the Toronto Blue Jays in the Roy Halladay trade, has only had 51 at-bats in the Majors but posted an .846 OPS in 120 games with Triple-A Sacramento last year — the 27-year-old’s third consecutive full season at that level.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 61
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)