Mar 15, 2013, 10:31 AM EST
Mike Berardino of the Pioneer Press reports that Mike Pelfrey, who is on the comeback trail from Tommy John surgery, is down to 240 pounds from a previous 270, and that he’s doing it based on a lot of cardio. Imagine, then, what he’d be doing if he didn’t eat like this the night before he pitched:
Dinner the night before had been fried chicken strips with gravy from a Dairy Queen drive-thru … “I don’t really eat the best,” he said. “I think I find myself every night in Fort Myers going to eat something fried.”
After a night game Wednesday, March 13, Pelfrey tried to head out for a pasta dinner but was deterred by the long line. So he went down the road to DQ.
Get that: the healthy option — the one he planned — was dinner at what was either an Olive Garden or a Carraba’s. It was when only deterred by the hordes at the door that he rocked the DQ.
But you know what? Given portion sizes and how much butter and stuff those places use, I bet he was better off eating at DQ. Unless he was wise and got a big Blizzard because oh my god I love Blizzards.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)