Mar 15, 2013, 10:31 AM EDT
Mike Berardino of the Pioneer Press reports that Mike Pelfrey, who is on the comeback trail from Tommy John surgery, is down to 240 pounds from a previous 270, and that he’s doing it based on a lot of cardio. Imagine, then, what he’d be doing if he didn’t eat like this the night before he pitched:
Dinner the night before had been fried chicken strips with gravy from a Dairy Queen drive-thru … “I don’t really eat the best,” he said. “I think I find myself every night in Fort Myers going to eat something fried.”
After a night game Wednesday, March 13, Pelfrey tried to head out for a pasta dinner but was deterred by the long line. So he went down the road to DQ.
Get that: the healthy option — the one he planned — was dinner at what was either an Olive Garden or a Carraba’s. It was when only deterred by the hordes at the door that he rocked the DQ.
But you know what? Given portion sizes and how much butter and stuff those places use, I bet he was better off eating at DQ. Unless he was wise and got a big Blizzard because oh my god I love Blizzards.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 2
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 61
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process (78)