Mar 15, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
Shortly after Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco was named Super Bowl MVP his brother, Orioles minor league first baseman Mike Flacco, said he might give up baseball to try football.
Mike Flacco isn’t really a prospect. For one thing he’s already 26 years old and has played just four total games above Single-A. For another thing he’s a first baseman with a .378 career slugging percentage.
But now there’s only one Flacco playing for a Baltimore sports team. And this gives some crazy headline-writer a chance to use “Baltimore trades Flacco!”
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 2
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 34
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)