Mar 15, 2013, 4:46 PM EST
Shortly after Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco was named Super Bowl MVP his brother, Orioles minor league first baseman Mike Flacco, said he might give up baseball to try football.
Mike Flacco isn’t really a prospect. For one thing he’s already 26 years old and has played just four total games above Single-A. For another thing he’s a first baseman with a .378 career slugging percentage.
But now there’s only one Flacco playing for a Baltimore sports team. And this gives some crazy headline-writer a chance to use “Baltimore trades Flacco!”
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 0
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 154
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (154)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (83)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (78)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (70)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)