Mar 15, 2013, 7:16 AM EDT
Not just that. “He was a goddamn unicorn.”
Confused? You won’t be after reading “Trevor Effing Plouffe.” Tommy Smith’s fictional story about The Twins’ (apparently) inspiring utilityman.
Really, if you had to pick any player in all of baseball as the one who would inspire short fiction, how many of you would have Plouffe in your top 100?
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (83)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)