Mar 15, 2013, 7:16 AM EST
Not just that. “He was a goddamn unicorn.”
Confused? You won’t be after reading “Trevor Effing Plouffe.” Tommy Smith’s fictional story about The Twins’ (apparently) inspiring utilityman.
Really, if you had to pick any player in all of baseball as the one who would inspire short fiction, how many of you would have Plouffe in your top 100?
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 154
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (154)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (78)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (72)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)