Mar 15, 2013, 7:16 AM EDT
Not just that. “He was a goddamn unicorn.”
Confused? You won’t be after reading “Trevor Effing Plouffe.” Tommy Smith’s fictional story about The Twins’ (apparently) inspiring utilityman.
Really, if you had to pick any player in all of baseball as the one who would inspire short fiction, how many of you would have Plouffe in your top 100?
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)