Mar 15, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
Even if he avoids any further elbow problems Greinke is running out of time to have more than one or two spring training starts before the season begins. Two early off days on the schedule mean the Dodgers won’t need a fifth starter until April 13, so Hernandez speculates that Greinke could begin the season on the disabled list.
Not exactly how you’d like a six-year, $147 million contract to start out, but the good news at least is that Greinke has been cleared to resume throwing already and it doesn’t sound like the Dodgers consider his elbow problems to be serious.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 73
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 13
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 34
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 38
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (350)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (185)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)