Mar 15, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
Even if he avoids any further elbow problems Greinke is running out of time to have more than one or two spring training starts before the season begins. Two early off days on the schedule mean the Dodgers won’t need a fifth starter until April 13, so Hernandez speculates that Greinke could begin the season on the disabled list.
Not exactly how you’d like a six-year, $147 million contract to start out, but the good news at least is that Greinke has been cleared to resume throwing already and it doesn’t sound like the Dodgers consider his elbow problems to be serious.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (84)