Mar 15, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
Even if he avoids any further elbow problems Greinke is running out of time to have more than one or two spring training starts before the season begins. Two early off days on the schedule mean the Dodgers won’t need a fifth starter until April 13, so Hernandez speculates that Greinke could begin the season on the disabled list.
Not exactly how you’d like a six-year, $147 million contract to start out, but the good news at least is that Greinke has been cleared to resume throwing already and it doesn’t sound like the Dodgers consider his elbow problems to be serious.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)