Mar 16, 2013, 6:01 PM EDT
Guillermo Moscoso claimed by Blue Jays from Blue Jays, KC announces.
The Royals had released Moscoso two days ago and had until March 20 to accept the claim or elect free agency by voiding his contract. The 29-year-old was a breakout contributor to the Athletics in 2011, posting a 3.38 ERA in 128 innings, including 21 starts. The Athletics capitalized on his success by trading him to the Rockies for outfielder Seth Smith. While Smith flourished, Moscoso was unable to replicate his success, finishing 2012 with a 6.12 ERA in 50 innings, used mostly as a reliever.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 64
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 51
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 46
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 72
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- PFT: Bucs saw Revis injury as opportunity