Mar 16, 2013, 6:01 PM EDT
Guillermo Moscoso claimed by Blue Jays from Blue Jays, KC announces.
The Royals had released Moscoso two days ago and had until March 20 to accept the claim or elect free agency by voiding his contract. The 29-year-old was a breakout contributor to the Athletics in 2011, posting a 3.38 ERA in 128 innings, including 21 starts. The Athletics capitalized on his success by trading him to the Rockies for outfielder Seth Smith. While Smith flourished, Moscoso was unable to replicate his success, finishing 2012 with a 6.12 ERA in 50 innings, used mostly as a reliever.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)