Mar 16, 2013, 6:01 PM EST
Guillermo Moscoso claimed by Blue Jays from Blue Jays, KC announces.
The Royals had released Moscoso two days ago and had until March 20 to accept the claim or elect free agency by voiding his contract. The 29-year-old was a breakout contributor to the Athletics in 2011, posting a 3.38 ERA in 128 innings, including 21 starts. The Athletics capitalized on his success by trading him to the Rockies for outfielder Seth Smith. While Smith flourished, Moscoso was unable to replicate his success, finishing 2012 with a 6.12 ERA in 50 innings, used mostly as a reliever.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 64
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 78
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)