Mar 16, 2013, 6:01 PM EDT
Guillermo Moscoso claimed by Blue Jays from Blue Jays, KC announces.
The Royals had released Moscoso two days ago and had until March 20 to accept the claim or elect free agency by voiding his contract. The 29-year-old was a breakout contributor to the Athletics in 2011, posting a 3.38 ERA in 128 innings, including 21 starts. The Athletics capitalized on his success by trading him to the Rockies for outfielder Seth Smith. While Smith flourished, Moscoso was unable to replicate his success, finishing 2012 with a 6.12 ERA in 50 innings, used mostly as a reliever.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 61
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 8
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 214
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (215)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)