Mar 16, 2013, 6:01 PM EDT
Guillermo Moscoso claimed by Blue Jays from Blue Jays, KC announces.
The Royals had released Moscoso two days ago and had until March 20 to accept the claim or elect free agency by voiding his contract. The 29-year-old was a breakout contributor to the Athletics in 2011, posting a 3.38 ERA in 128 innings, including 21 starts. The Athletics capitalized on his success by trading him to the Rockies for outfielder Seth Smith. While Smith flourished, Moscoso was unable to replicate his success, finishing 2012 with a 6.12 ERA in 50 innings, used mostly as a reliever.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 45
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 123
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 86
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (202)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (124)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (123)