Mar 16, 2013, 4:14 PM EDT
David Wright‘s status for the start of the season is in doubt due to an intercostal strain and now his likely replacement at third base is hurting.
Justin Turner left the fourth inning of this afternoon’s Grapefruit League game due to a sprained right ankle. He suffered the injury when he got his legs tangled while trying to make a throw from third base.
Turner is being sent for precautionary X-rays, but Mike Kerwick of the Bergen Record notes that he was walking around the clubhouse “without much difficulty.” The hope is that things don’t get worse overnight.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 27
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 4
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 101
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)