Mar 16, 2013, 4:14 PM EST
David Wright‘s status for the start of the season is in doubt due to an intercostal strain and now his likely replacement at third base is hurting.
Justin Turner left the fourth inning of this afternoon’s Grapefruit League game due to a sprained right ankle. He suffered the injury when he got his legs tangled while trying to make a throw from third base.
Turner is being sent for precautionary X-rays, but Mike Kerwick of the Bergen Record notes that he was walking around the clubhouse “without much difficulty.” The hope is that things don’t get worse overnight.
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)