Mar 16, 2013, 4:14 PM EDT
David Wright‘s status for the start of the season is in doubt due to an intercostal strain and now his likely replacement at third base is hurting.
Justin Turner left the fourth inning of this afternoon’s Grapefruit League game due to a sprained right ankle. He suffered the injury when he got his legs tangled while trying to make a throw from third base.
Turner is being sent for precautionary X-rays, but Mike Kerwick of the Bergen Record notes that he was walking around the clubhouse “without much difficulty.” The hope is that things don’t get worse overnight.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 0
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 67
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 58
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 65
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (87)