Mar 16, 2013, 4:14 PM EST
David Wright‘s status for the start of the season is in doubt due to an intercostal strain and now his likely replacement at third base is hurting.
Justin Turner left the fourth inning of this afternoon’s Grapefruit League game due to a sprained right ankle. He suffered the injury when he got his legs tangled while trying to make a throw from third base.
Turner is being sent for precautionary X-rays, but Mike Kerwick of the Bergen Record notes that he was walking around the clubhouse “without much difficulty.” The hope is that things don’t get worse overnight.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)