Mar 16, 2013, 9:05 PM EST
Via ESPN’s Bruce Levine, as the title suggests:
Robin Ventura names Chris Sale opening day starter.
Sale, who turns 24 years old in two weeks, finished the 2012 season (his first as a starting pitcher) with a 3.05 ERA and finished sixth in AL Cy Young voting. The lefty, listed at 6’6″, 180, is said to have added 10-15 pounds over the off-season.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)