Mar 16, 2013, 9:05 PM EDT
Via ESPN’s Bruce Levine, as the title suggests:
Robin Ventura names Chris Sale opening day starter.
Sale, who turns 24 years old in two weeks, finished the 2012 season (his first as a starting pitcher) with a 3.05 ERA and finished sixth in AL Cy Young voting. The lefty, listed at 6’6″, 180, is said to have added 10-15 pounds over the off-season.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 11
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 36
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)