Mar 17, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
The Halos acquired Sisk from the Royals in October for right-handed starter Ervin Santana, who had a $13 million club option for 2013 that Anaheim had no intention of exercising. Sisk posted a superb 2.54 ERA and 73/32 K/BB ratio across 67 1/3 innings last summer at the Triple-A level. He has an excellent 2.59 career ERA in five minor league seasons.
The 27-year-old left-hander probably won’t be game-ready again until next April or May.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (233)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (95)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)