Mar 17, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
The Halos acquired Sisk from the Royals in October for right-handed starter Ervin Santana, who had a $13 million club option for 2013 that Anaheim had no intention of exercising. Sisk posted a superb 2.54 ERA and 73/32 K/BB ratio across 67 1/3 innings last summer at the Triple-A level. He has an excellent 2.59 career ERA in five minor league seasons.
The 27-year-old left-hander probably won’t be game-ready again until next April or May.
- Jose Abreu is third-fastest in MLB history to reach 30 career home runs 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 4
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 200
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)