Mar 17, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
The Halos acquired Sisk from the Royals in October for right-handed starter Ervin Santana, who had a $13 million club option for 2013 that Anaheim had no intention of exercising. Sisk posted a superb 2.54 ERA and 73/32 K/BB ratio across 67 1/3 innings last summer at the Triple-A level. He has an excellent 2.59 career ERA in five minor league seasons.
The 27-year-old left-hander probably won’t be game-ready again until next April or May.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 8
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 99
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (99)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)