Mar 17, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
The Halos acquired Sisk from the Royals in October for right-handed starter Ervin Santana, who had a $13 million club option for 2013 that Anaheim had no intention of exercising. Sisk posted a superb 2.54 ERA and 73/32 K/BB ratio across 67 1/3 innings last summer at the Triple-A level. He has an excellent 2.59 career ERA in five minor league seasons.
The 27-year-old left-hander probably won’t be game-ready again until next April or May.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 43
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 69
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 39
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)