Mar 17, 2013, 3:20 PM EST
The Halos acquired Sisk from the Royals in October for right-handed starter Ervin Santana, who had a $13 million club option for 2013 that Anaheim had no intention of exercising. Sisk posted a superb 2.54 ERA and 73/32 K/BB ratio across 67 1/3 innings last summer at the Triple-A level. He has an excellent 2.59 career ERA in five minor league seasons.
The 27-year-old left-hander probably won’t be game-ready again until next April or May.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 4
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 33
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 38
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)