Mar 17, 2013, 8:47 PM EST
Sad news via the Caribbean Journal:
Cuban pitcher Yadier Pedroso Gonzalez, who pitched for his country in the World Baseball Classic in Tokyo last week, was killed this weekend in a traffic accident in Cuba, according to Joan Molina, director of sports for the territory of Artemisa.
The accident, which also killed two others, occurred in Manga Central on the road leading to Artemisa.
Pedroso, who was 26 years old, tossed 1.2 innings for Cuba in the 2013 edition of the World Baseball Classic as well as five innings back in 2006.
- Grant Balfour’s deal with Orioles in “serious jeopardy” due to shoulder issue 10
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 62
- Mariners showing “continued interest” in Ervin Santana 10
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! 89
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 4